Monday, August 11, 2008

A Psalm Perhaps?

I tossed and turned in bed today over the many obstacles and predicaments I have faced these few days. This poem came like a sudden inspiration in the middle of my sleep. This is one of my less solemn wordcrafts. It relates to God; firstly starting with a request for help, then, a request for enlightenment, followed by a praise.

Psalm or not? I won't judge my won't poems. You'll have the honour of doing so. I hate self-proclamation. Here goes nothing:

O Hail Thee All of All


O hail, king of valour unflawed,
My weakness itself a formidable nemesis,
My forbearance exceeds thought,
Extricate me from my adversaries.


O hail, king of my heart,
Spare me your servant of humility,
Withhold me in your place of safeguard,
That peace I shall seek in solitary.


O hail, king of splendour untold,
Illuminate ahead the path of righteousness,
Let my human wisdom unfold,
I will be your beacon of brightness.


O hail, king of orient might,
I'll sing the Sanctus that embraces my lips,
Engirdled by bliss that’ll cease not to guide,
Alike an incandescent orchestra for keeps.


Any comments are very much appreciated. Thank you. ;)

2 comments:

GanZR said...

hmm.

Your poems really reflect another side of you not seen usually.
By us at college at least. =.=" XP

Nice.
Humility.


U really should consider making them lyrics for songs. As in, maybe, send them in to some record company or something. :)

[FnG] insideout said...

I was thinking Chicken Soup for a start! ;)