Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Culinary Art Fiesta!

Today's menu - wait - there's no menu, just a single dish. I haven't a name though, just random stuff you pick out of the refrigerator.



Okay, this is pretty complicated. First layer underneath the fish is scrambled egg with mushroom and onions. Then I grilled some filleted salmon with melted cheddar cheese. I then topped it with a slice of lemon to accompany(or to squeeze; whatever). As always, the sauce - i use Hickory barbecue sauce. Then I sprinkled some breadcrumbs on the top of that all. As you can see, I also did put extra barbecue sauce on the side of the plate as decorative paraphernalia including the soup spoon double-utilised as a saucer for the ketchup ;)



This is the soup. Mushroom soup - entirely homemade (and pretty tedious work stirring that stuff!). I stuck in two toasted bread (not Gardenia this time!) and added some baked beans right in the middle as a poor attempt at embellishing the soup :( Don't blame me! My fridge was out of green garnishing, I had to improvise.


The picture that says it all about the soup; slow simmering. And yes indeed, horrendously slow.


Here's the entire platter of today's special dish; The Whatever-You-Want-To-Call-It-Dish :P

Enjoy!

6 comments:

kiDDiE said...

Looks like something blew up on that plate.....>"<....nah just joking....u just made me hungry again...

somehow, cooking has always been my passion....i should share some recipes on my blog...>"<

Joshua said...

The 'bowl' didn't suit up itself on that plate (IT'S A CHINESE BOWL USED ON WESTERN FOOD :D).

Change another, a square one.
Here: http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=square20bowl20s20m2ma8.jpg

[FnG] insideout said...

dang ... the chinese bowl ... i know, but i had to utilise what i have =.="

GanZR said...

ah.

King of improvising.

just hope the TASTE is not improvised though~ =.=" XP


haha.. Jkjk.
It LOOKS DELICIOUS!~

really..
Y dont u make something for us someday? :D XP


We can b your FOC Food tester and critic! :D XP

AngelKein♥ said...

u relinked me!
yay!
thx huever u are.
:P

-angel-

Unknown said...

@killer; yeah, but gourmet pricing eh? j/k One day, yea, if it comes :P

@angel; yeah, no sweat.