Monday, July 28, 2008

Another One!

Okay, I don't want to disappoint my love poem fans. I'll give you yet another one. This time, "The Downtrodden Hero" does not rhyme. It is a free-flow poem (or so I think). It is, however, a little erm.. harsh. Use prudently!

The Downtrodden Hero


I’m sorry I didn’t have the courage,

To sit beside you,

To hold your hand as you walked the path of thorns.


I’m sorry I was so blatantly stupid,

To not tell you I could help,

To whisper the words my mind screamed.


I’m sorry I wasn’t hero enough,

To fear not my foes,

To fear not the harsh consequences.


I’m sorry I cared what others thought,

To believe in the untrue,

To leave you in a silent state of contempt.


I’m sorry I didn’t succeed,

To fucking move,

To guide you to through the right way.


I’m sorry I couldn’t speak out,

To tell you my desire,

To tell how much I cherished you.


I’m sorry I was too late,

I’m sorry I couldn’t be sorry earlier,

I’m sorry I lost you,

For eternity.


Enjoy!

No comments: